Sunday, September 9, 2007

Did you see MMCC's website?



Wonderful Image by the way, Blue hair and all. Actually it is not really Blue, its because they don't know how to adjust the image so that the background doesn't blend into the hair. Although I will admit it would be interesting and somewhat progressive. C'est la vie.

"I am excited about the opportunity to serve the MMCC congregation and the larger Milwaukee community,” Rev. Woodruff said. “My passion is outreach to those who are on the edges of society: the elderly, young Queer folk, people who are differently-abled -- anyone who struggles to be an active, accepted part of society. Christ calls us to reach out to those on the edges and to care for the stranger.”

Don't you mean the Mentally, Spiritually, and Physically messed up? After all those are the only ones who seem to want to walk into the door.

Bulletins Anyone?
Another thing is that they are offering to email the current Bulletin to those wishing to subscribe. The problem I have is that the site is not encrypted. Any information you enter on the form can be harvested by any spammer. Not only that, why do they need your phone number before they email the bulletin out? There are two problems with this. One is that they are harvesting names and information similar to the phishing schemes currently plaguing the Internet and I believe not exactly the most legal thing to do. The other problem concerns the press or other service wishing to obtain legitimate information. Seems to me like they are screening the applicants so that only approved people receive their bulletin. Kinda strange, don't you think? Makes you wonder what they have to hide. Hypocrisy reigns supreme at MMCC seems to me.

More about my reasons for leaving
The other thing that really bothers me is the fact that after I resigned no one so far has ever tried to find out the reasons why. Considering that I was once a Deacon. Only one person called accusing me of attacking them (something that escapes me) and then threatening me to boot after I mentioned in passing that there were still things relating to the late Mr Broyles on the site. I would think that he would be smarter than that, college education and all. These people really need to get a life.

My great disappointment
I was for a time a Deacon but stepped aside because of the feeling that some were becoming Elitist snobs. This I thought would level the playing field somewhat. Obviously not. Later I met with the minister who indicated that she would like to have me take a greater roll in the church. Again all talk and no action. It has been well over three years since the passing of Lew. I thought it was about time that we got on with life and get past the grieving process so I decided to prod therm along a little bit. Scanning down in my blog the result is only too clear. So I decided it was about time I exited stage left and head for greener pastures.

Will I ever be back. That is highly doubtful. Do I think that this church is doomed like Angels of Hope? I guess we will have to wait and see.

No comments: