Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Last Comments on Milw Metropolitan Community Church

If they want to survive they must complete the Healing Process

As usual Murphy's Law took effect. No matter how plainly you write or at what level someone will misunderstand it. Over thirty years of Customer Relations and direct contact with customers one thing is certain, they only hear what they want to hear (or read what they want to read) and miss the point entirely. This I think is the case with MMCC when it comes to the healing process.

The healing process follows several steps. The first is the initial shock of an unexpected event for example the sudden death of someone we love or is close to us. We cry and shed tears and grieve over their unexpected passing. Then we celebrate their passing into a supposed better place, Summerland or Heaven or wherever. The next phase is the letting go. Usually this is a gradual process and as memories fade we get on with our lives.

Some people have a hard time letting go and it takes an abnormally long time to do so. Sometimes they just can't and this is where the problem lies with The Milwaukee Metropolitan Community Church. They haven't been able or willing to complete the healing process and get on with life. This along with numerous problems is what is stifling any progress they are trying to make. It is my humble opinion that they must complete the healing process if they ever intend to survive. This is the reason I became disenchanted and left. I was elevated to a position where I had the power to initiate change in a progressive and positive way, but this was not to be.

I gave them ample chances to create dialogue by phone, email, and even face to face but they did not do so. For this reason I have come to the conclusion that the minister has no conflict resolution experience and has not taken a positive leadership position in order to resolve the preexisting problems that continue to plague the church. It makes me wonder if she considers this just another job or what?

In the mean time it is my hope that they take these thoughts to heed these suggestions. Otherwise I don't think they will survive. There are many people I will dearly miss and some I won't. In the meantime I have moved on. Back to my UU roots.

Anyone want to join me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN AND WELL SAID