Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Urgent update on the state of the Visioning Project

Oh I must have hit a nerve. Guess who called? On the phone no less. None other than Maria the director of the Cream City Foundation. Was I evasive enough? I hope so.
I assume she wanted to feel me out to find out how I would respond to what she had to say.

I did find this out the Visioning project blog. Interesting as the last minutes were posted 11 months ago. Not very good record keeping if you ask me. That was January 2007 and it is now December. Lots of blank space.

Another very valid question I would like to ask as she said that the Shepherd was not going to charge to put a section (I read that as more than one page) in their paper. Lets see that's 75000 copies which translates into how many more pages. Who is going to pay for this extra space and paper) ? I'm not stupid. Somebody has to pay. Who?

OK they have no minutes, No Bylaws, no Standard Operating procedures, no elections and no grievance policy. Every volunteer organization usually has them. How come they don't? I certainly can't believe that they have no expenses whatsoever. Then how do they finance the projects they do?

Check out the blog for yourself. It is quite interesting.

No comments: