Monday, December 17, 2007

The Silence is defening

I wrote a note to the editor of the Shepherd Express then today I called them. Conveniently they were out of the office and I was directed to leave my name and number and they would get back to me. Yeah right. I'll give them another day then I will consider that they don't want to talk.

Next I sent several emails to the director of the LGBT center which were returned as undeliverable even though I got the address from the Visioning Project email list. Seems interesting that their emails get through but mine don't. I guess this is another example of the non-responsiveness of our so-called community leaders.

It makes me wonder if they think that they are better than us? Well I have news for them. We chose you to represent us and you are responsible to answer our needs. You are not above us. You work for us. We hired you and we can also fire you if you don't respond to us. You need us if you want to keep your jobs. Remember that we can always get someone else. You need us, we don't need you.

I hope to see a lot of people at the meeting at the Gay Arts Center on the 21st at 9 am. Like Stonewall, Im pissed and I'm not going to take it any more. How about you?

No comments: