Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm back

After being out of work stuck at home since last October my doctor just released me so now I'm back and will be covering events as they happen in our community. A couple of discs in my neck went bad and I had temporarily lost feeling in my left hand and left foot and some in my right hand and right foot which is now all but disappeared. You can't imagine how pinched nerves in your spinal column can mess you up. Now everything is back to normal I've gained a lot of my strength back minus a few creaks and groans that is inevitable as we grow older. You can bet I will be a pridefest taking pictures and covering the general shindig. With the weather gradually getting warmer, mom nature hopefully cooperating and giving us good weather should be a very enjoyable time.

I've been on pridefest mailing list and it looks to me like instead of fireworks we will instead have entertainment from a troop out West comprising tricks involving fire which, correct me if I'm wrong may have been inspired by the annual gathering at Burning Man in the desert. Another change is that the mass commitment ceremony has now morphed into a ceremony honoring each other. Religious officials I am told will still be offering private commitment ceremonies. And I'm sure that private church ceremonies can be arranged through various religious organizations who have booths at pridefest. Beyond that there will be lots of entertainment things to do with the kids lots of vendors, good stuff to eat, plenty of libation, lots of people and lots of fun.

Well I guess that's about it for now, so keep tuned and if anything pops up I'll let you know.

No comments: