Monday, February 18, 2008

Here we go again

Has anyone looked at the Visioning Project Blog where they are supposed to post the minutes of their meetings? Funny how they purposely pointed this out to me when I criticized them. Neither since that time or now have they updated the blog. My question is Why haven't they? These people are supposed to be leaders in our community and they operate as though they don't have to be accountable to anyone. I ask you, is that any way to run an organization?

Apparently they don't like the exercise of free speech especially when it affects one of them. Do they really expect us to follow like sheep to the slaughter house? I am not one of those sheeple. I refuse to follow blindly. If I feel something is wrong I will speak up and let everyone know about it. That is just the way I am, like it or not.

I am not ashamed to say that I oppose the Shepherd Express decision by the Visioning project. It is telling us that they don't like the gay press. Their excuse is that they are not reaching the greater community and that there are those who will not read gay newspapers, probably because they will be harassed by their peers if they are caught doing so. This is a long standing problem with the Gay community that we are afraid to come out for fear of the shame and possible ridicule we may endure. Perhaps we fear the attacks from those who don't like gays and lesbians and other queers. Guess what? The more we are out there the less we will be harassed and disliked.

Face it there is still quite a bit of prejudice out there. It isn't going to go away any time soon if we keep in the closet.

Believe me there are times when I'd like to just plain abandon the gay community and walk away form the whole thing, but I can't. I am not a quitter. I am a fighter and you better get used to it. I'm like that little dog who doesn't know the meaning of the word no who bites you in the ass and won't let go. I've had it with all these pissie queens.

Another thing that really gets my goat is that the guy who writes the articles for the Shepherd Express wants me to stop emailing him. Then who are we to write to if we don't agree with his views? Anyone who wants his email address, I'll be happy to give it to you.

Love me or hate me, I'm not going away. Enough said

1 comment:

J said...

This is no surprise about the Shepherd Express--it's a rag published by a hypocritical dictator. Most likely the publisher is looking to consume the region's LGBT publications in order to gain their advertisers and promote his traditional one-sided rhetoric that is anything but "alternative".